Friday, April 27, 2007

Gifts from Nature and a Friend

This is a birthday gift from a friend, who bought it at a recent auction. In case you are wondering what it is, it's a binder. To see how I will use it, refer to my January 29th post about my handmade sketch books. For me, this is a wonderful gift and one that I will use all the time!

(P.S. This friend knew I would get a lot of use out of this binder, because I normally borrow HER binder! LOL)


The other gift today is from nature. One of my rhododendron bushes in the front rock garden is in full bloom, and it is gorgeous! My early blooming PJM rhododendrons got caught in a late freeze this year, so this pink beauty is the first rhododendron that I've really gotten to enjoy this spring.

2 comments:

artmixter said...

I've just gone a vivid shade of green...enjoy your binder, I'm sure you'll get lots of use from it...and belated happy birthday, to boot.

Anonymous said...

Karen I loved you beautiful little post. Wishing you a very happy belated birthday!Surely you've got a very useful gift....and the rhododendrons are wonderful! Have a great day!