I have been struggling in the studio recently, while trying to complete a new series of collages for a fundraiser. I have tried to make meaningful collages, which I decided probably wouldn't sell to anyone but me. Then I tried to make cheerful, colorful collages, which totally did not work for me. So I gave up (temporarily) and got my watercolors out. I painted the ocean that is my new blog header.
Then I decided that my fundraiser collages should be created in the style that I have been working recently, and they could either sell or not, but I would at least enjoy making them. Happily, I have a series of 10 collages drying in the book press, with the first layers on them. I am excited about them, and I should have done this weeks ago!