The Roma's are Coming!
This morning I picked another 22 Roma tomatoes from our garden, plus leaf lettuce, carrots, green peppers, and cherry tomatoes. I have lost count of all the quarts of tomatoes that I have canned already this summer and all the lettuce and tomato sandwiches that we have eaten. This week I went for something different and made a batch of bruschetta. This is such a simple recipe, yet totally delicious!
Easy Bruschetta Recipe
- 1.5 pounds of tomatoes (about 9-10 roma tomatoes), chopped with the seeds removed
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste