Friday, July 31, 2009

Handmade Books

This little book measures 5"h x 4" wide, and the cover is made from mango leaf paper with painted accents. It is stitched with a coptic binding, and the signatures are made from gorgeous bronze colored pages. This little journal is my latest travel companion.

This book measures 6.5"h x 5"w, and the cover is made from unryu paper along with painted accents. It is stitched with a coptic binding, and the pages are an array of banana, mango, unryu, and other fabulous papers (shown below).

I love making the pages and covers for these books, and I really love binding it all together. I think I am going to sell some of them, as I am definitely making too many for any one person to use. So far the coptic binding is my favorite, mostly because it allows the book to lay flat while you write on the pages and because the signatures of exotic papers show along the spine. What a fun way to spend my week!

No comments: