Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Working with Cloth

Lately I have been enjoying creating collages with paper and paint, and making cloth pieces held no inspiration for me. Eventually it dawned on me that the same thing that I loved about creating paper collages could be translated to cloth collages --- namely, working with my own photographs. So a new series is underway, incorporating digital prints on cloth, painted cloth, and surface design. They can't be revealed yet since they are for an upcoming juried exhibition, but there are 3 new pieces on my design wall that are approximately 30" wide each. The photo above is a detail shot from one of the new pieces. What do you think of my new look?

1 comment:

ann angelo said...

I like it- it looks very textural. What product do you use to transfer your photos to cloth?
Also, congrats on the residency! What a wonderful opportunity.