Thursday, November 15, 2007

Fiberart For A Cause

Fiberart For A Cause was founded in 2005 by artist Virginia A. Spiegel in honor of her Dad, a colon cancer survivor, and in support of her sister, chairperson of the Forest Lake, MN Relay For Life. Fiber artists and patrons from around the world have joined together to raise over $135,000 to date for the American Cancer Society through Fiberart For A Cause. in 2007 Fiberart For A Cause was the #2 Nationwide Fundraiser for the ACS Relay For Life.

V
irginia asked me if I would create a new design for FFAC merchandise using an image of a piece of my artwork. I chose the piece “Every Moment”, because I felt that the sentiment in it was very appropriate. In April 2006, my son (an only child) was in a horrible motor vehicle accident. He was in an automobile that rolled 3 times on its way down an embankment. Seeing him in the emergency room and later in the intensive care unit was a nightmare. Luckily he has healed with no permanent injuries, but it was very scary for a while. “Every Moment” is a celebration of his recovery and the gift of life. It's about appreciating every moment that we are given, celebrating life and living every moment to the fullest.

The image above is available on shirts, mouse pads, coffee mugs, note cards and tote bags --- with 100% of the profits going to the American Cancer Society. To support this fundraiser and donate to cancer research, please click here. Thanks!

2 comments:

Beate Knappe said...

Wonderful I ordered one for me :-))

Anonymous said...

I am so glad your son is all right! I will go check out the site.