Friday, March 30, 2007

March's Project

I have been involved in a mixed media round robin for several months. In some ways, I look upon it as my monthly challenge. My style is very different from most of the others in the group, so it is always quite the challenge to add to each piece, yet remain true to my own style of work. As the months progress and more and more is added to each piece, the work begins to take on a personality, which is both a help and a hindrance.


This month's piece arrived, covered with various leaf motifs, but in my mind it lacked a focal point. It looked like an all-over design that belonged in a wallpaper catalog. I added the woodcut print in the center and screen printed a few leaves in black ink. Hopefully its owner will like my additions.



Detail Shot

No comments: