Friday, November 29, 2013

Fiber 5K to Fight Cancer

Every year my friend and fellow artist, Virginia Spiegel, conjures up a unique fundraiser involving fiber artists to raise money for the American Cancer Society. And every year, I volunteer to get involved and help her in any way I can. This year I created a special journal as a prize to be won by one lucky donor. This journal measures 5" x 5" and contains 80 sheets of writing paper. The cover is painted and collaged and signed. I wanted to use cheerful colors to symbolize hope, hope for a cure. 

For more information about this year's fundraiser, please click here.

2 comments:

Seth said...

A beautiful journal for a very good cause.

Virginia A. Spiegel said...

Thanks, Karen, for creating such a beautiful journal. One donor will be a very lucky winner!