Thursday, September 12, 2013

Experimenting

Sometimes, while working on one idea, I make another discovery that changes everything. Yesterday I was working on this collage, and I decided to fuse the main background pieces to the substrate. I lined everything up, covered it with a teflon sheet and hit it with the iron. What I didn't realize until later is that the fusible was unnecessary. This particular paper, with its plastic backing, fused on its own. What a happy surprise, and what a timesaver!

P.S. This is the start of a new series of square collages that I am working on for a show next February.

1 comment:

Carol Blackburn said...

Interesting one Karen. As I look at it I see it as a "reflection of things past" because it looks like a reflection in water of a building that was there before but a new taller one is where the short one once was. Just my way of seeing it. Really nice. Lots of luck with your upcoming exhibit.