Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Italian Villa

The theme for this month's Artist Trading Card swap is "Italian Villa". At first I was very excited by this theme, with visions of villas and vines and grapes and wine bottles and wine glasses all dancing through my mind. After several failed attempts to create my visions, I stepped back and gave it some more thought. I am not a realism artist, and any time that I try to create artwork with real objects in it, I am disappointed with my results. So, I used the colors that say "Italian Villa" to me and created miniature collages. Then I found an old Italian manuscript and screen printed bits and pieces of it as the final layer. I'm very pleased with the way they turned out!

2 comments:

MollyBee said...

Me, too. I love it.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Oh, yeah … those colors do sing Italian Villa!

Beautiful!