Monday, April 15, 2013

Bittersweet Day

Lexi has been our foster for 3 weeks now while she healed from all of her injuries. Her bones are healing, and her road rash looks much better. So, I guess that means that it is time for her to go to her forever home. I wasn't really ready to let her go yet. Despite all of her pain and injuries, she immediately loved and trusted me, and we will always share a special bond. She is one of those fosters that is taking a huge chunk of my heart with her. I will always miss my Lexi kisses!

This is her forever family, and they were so excited to adopt Lexi. She wasn't sure what was going on, but in time I think she will grow to love having two kids to play with her, plus a big furry sister. They live on an acreage, so she will get to go on long walks, exploring everything wonderful about living in the country. I wish them all much happiness!

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Those eyes....I don't know how you go through the heart aches other than knowing you are doing such a wonderful thing for all these poor dogs...God Bless you!!!!