Friday, March 08, 2013

Kiwi

I recently joined an online group that swaps Artist Trading Cards each month. Each month's theme is based on a color, and each artist is free to use that color any way they want. This month's theme color is "kiwi". Since the kiwi bird is brown, I decided to focus on the green of the kiwi fruit. I used a background of Japanese paper and added splotches of green paint, then scrapings of black paint as a second layer, and then stripes of a slightly darker green as the third layer. Once each of those layers was dry, I collaged black & white paper and cloth elements to the surfaces. I contemplated adding some stitching, but I decided the cards were complete without stitching. 

2 comments:

Robbie said...

Who knew 'kiwi' could look so good! Colors are great!! As is design!

Karen Stiehl Osborn said...

Thanks, Robbie!