Monday, January 30, 2012

This and That

I don't know where the week has gone, but I've been busy. The collage above is this morning's warm-up collage. I couldn't resist incorporating the large "K" in a collage when I found it in a magazine, and the cheerful colors are a great start to the week!

Yesterday I was asked to photograph this handsome dog for the rescue. Harley is a boxer mix, and he is in perpetual motion. I spent about half an hour photographing him as he romped in the backyard, and both of his foster families said that I captured his true personality. I love his brand new collar (for the photo shoot) that says "Live Love Rescue"!

Friday was a bittersweet day for me. Maximillian is a mastiff mix in rescue, and he is truly a gentle giant. I fell in love with him the moment I saw him, and I am not usually taken in by big breeds. We could not find a foster home for him, so he was transferred to another rescue that specializes in big breeds and had an open foster home for him. While it was the right thing to do for Max, I will miss our walks through the cornfields that surround the shelter and his slurpy kisses.

1 comment:

Martha Ginn said...

I admire your dedication and love for animals so much; it shines through in your remark about missing your walks and slurpy kisses from the big dog, when small ones are really your favorites. An animal lover to the bone! Remember, I'm a cat person but grew up owning dogs; still love them but find cats suit my older self.