Thursday, December 22, 2011

Experimenting

In the past, I have never used much red in my art. Not sure why, it just wasn't a color that felt comfortable in my palette. Recently I have gone to the other side, and I am loving the drama that red can add to a piece of art. The small piece above was an experiment to use red as the primary color, and see if it loses its drama if there is too much of it in an artwork.

And this piece is an experiment to remake the earlier collage and see if it is more successful as a smaller piece. I think it is.

4 comments:

Robbie said...

We all have to live "on the edge" sometime! Exciting pieces! love 'em!

MollyBee said...

love both pieces and the red.
Second one is much better now.
Only my humble opinion. LOL

Carol Blackburn said...

Those are stunning, Karen. Wishing you and yours a most joyous Christmas and blessed New Year.

Anonymous said...

this one is really good. I like the dark blue (or black) on the red rectangle. The shapes still seem to come forward, ik like it a lot!