Tuesday, October 04, 2011

A Great Day!

Today started with a papa cardinal at the feeder with his two fledglings. He was trying to keep them both fed and teach them how to eat on their own. Throughout the day, they made many trips to the feeder, and I had such fun watching them!
(Sorry for the photo quality --- it was taken through the window screen, as I didn't want to disturb them.)

And my day ended with a great adoption! This is little Hope (now Roxi), who is a maltese/yorkie mix that was rescued from a horrible breeder situation. She flourished in her foster home, and now she has a wonderful forever family with 3 little girls that are already spoiling her! These are the moments that make all the hard work and heartbreak of rescue work worthwhile.

2 comments:

Leslie Tucker Jenison said...

Love these photos, Karen. You are doing such great work with the dogs.
I love that you are a bird nerd (like me). This is a great photo!

Robbie said...

OK, just two of the best photo's that made my day!!! Wonderful!