Sunday, September 11, 2011

My Life

My life has gone to the dogs. Studio time is stolen in between walking and playing with the dogs. I don't know how this has happened, but I see the effects every time I walk into the studio and see the half-finished pieces of art. I'm not complaining. It's a cycle, and I know that this winter, I will return to the studio and fostering dogs will move to the back burner.

This is Logan's favorite position when he is sprawled on the floor. I have always called it his "frog legs" pose, but another reader told me that when her dog does it, she calls it his "polar bear rug imitation". Either way, it is a cute pose!

This is little Hope, a maltese/yorkie mix. She is just under a year old and just under 5 pounds. A breeder released her to rescue, and she is in a foster home while she waits for her forever home. I am amazed at the change in her personality. When I first picked her up, she didn't want to be touched at all. Now she is the first one to greet everyone! Watching mill dogs emerge from scared animals into loved pets is probably the most rewarding aspect of rescue work. And even though I am not the one fostering this sweetheart, she will always have a special place in my heart!

2 comments:

Robbie said...

You are right about winter and your life will get back to so called 'normal'. At least that's what I keep thinking! I haven't picked up a needle or bead in over a week!! But I wouldn't trade our newest member for nothing!

Carol Blackburn said...

Oh my Karen, I guess I worked too hard today and my eyes have deceived me. When I looked at this photo it looked like the dog was sitting like a human and had outstretched arms. I literally had to blink my eyes and get closer to the computer screen to see it correctly. Very interesting! I wonder what that means psychologically for me...hmmmm.