Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A New Start

Recently I have been re-evaluating my life, and specifically, the way I spend my time. I retired from accounting in order to be in the studio full-time, yet more and more, other people and their projects have been taking up my time. So, I am ending some pseudo friendships, leaving some groups, and re-focusing on studio time. It's a new beginning!

The photo above shows some canvas scraps that I re-painted this morning --- in an attempt to give them a new beginning. They were painted in pastel shades, which is not at all my palette of colors. Now they are bold, and once they dry, I will start cutting and stitching them into new mixed media artwork. (And look at that gorgeous piece of paper that will remain!)

It feels good to be taking charge of my life once again!

5 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Look forward to seeing this new piece, Karen. Enjoy your day!
P.S. I was in accounting for 20 years before I became a RN and artist. That was 9 yrs. ago and people still ask me for accounting advice......geez!

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Well good for you!..This sounds interesting to say the least and this purple passion looks fabulous...what better way to start...

Robbie said...

Well, you know a 'gal' has to do what a 'gal' has to do! Just do what's right for you. I have one more art piece to do for an exhibit that has a target date. After that piece, I'm doing what I want, when i want to. no more target dates for me for 2011-2012! I feel liberated!

MollyBee said...

This must be the day for new beginnings all around. I also got out of a group, at least as coordinator of it. I needed more me time, too. LOL

Beate Knappe said...

well it sounds good to me -new beginning is always good to do - i think