Friday, October 29, 2010

Art Retreat

This morning I am off to a 3 day art retreat, where I plan to work with mixed media texture and stitching. The setting is several acres along the East Nishnabotna River in Iowa, so I am taking my hiking boots and camera as well. I cherish these few days of uninterrupted time to create, far away from the distractions of every day life.

The little fellow in the photo above visits this suet feeder several times a day, but this is the first time that I've been able to capture him with my camera. He doesn't stay for long, so by the time I go in and get my camera, he is gone. This time I happened to have my camera with me as I heard his call, so I patiently waited for him to get to the suet, then snapped several photographs of him.

2 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Have a great trip, Karen. Look forward to seeing all the beautiful things you bring back.

Seth said...

Hope you are having a great time. Look forward to seeing what you create there.