Monday, May 25, 2009

A New Sketchbook

I know a lot of artists are intimidated when it is time to start a new sketchbook. All those empty white pages overwhelm them. But not me --- I actually look forward to it. One reason is that I don't buy sketchbooks with white pages; I usually buy the ones with beige recycled paper pages. Another reason is that I always jazz up the covers of my sketchbooks --- and once the cover is adorned with bold colors, I can't wait to open the sketchbook and start writing and drawing. The cover above is the one that I created this morning on a new sketchbook. I love the happy pop of color that the orange cloth in the background adds!

3 comments:

Kathleen Botsford said...

Love your journal cover! Love your art!

Miki Willa said...

Great journal cover. The color combination is my favorite.

Julie Bagamary said...

Nice embellishments. I prefer the spiral journals also.