Friday, March 13, 2009

"Textiles Now"

Tropical Blues
20.25"h x 15.25"w
$250

"Textiles Now" is a gorgeous new book, published by Lawrence King Publishing in September 2008 and featuring international contemporary textile designs. I was contacted by the author about including some of my work in the book, and I sent her several images. The piece above is one of my pieces featured in the book, and I am thrilled to be included in such a great reference book. "Textiles Now" includes over 400 photographs of textiles and fiber art by approximately 100 artists from all over the world, organized into 3 different sections. My work is included in the Dyed, Painted and Printed Textiles section. Click here to read about Textiles Now and order your copy.

4 comments:

M said...

Congratulations to you. I love the colour combination of this work.

I've always loved textiles and I love to buy books about textiles. Now I have another one to add to my wish list.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Karen! This is a gorgeous piece, the color combination is awesome.

Rosemary@semo.net said...

Congratulations, Karen. This is quite an honor, and an international one at that. You have worked consistently for years with your art work, and you've earned this recognition. Well done! I notice they used the word "Textiles". Had to smile at that. Rosemary

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

Ohmigosh! I've got to start keeping a closer eye on your blog, Karen, or I will miss important stuff like this! Congratulations ... well deserved!