Tuesday, February 24, 2009

New Art #2

Intimate Conversation 14
Artist: Leslie Avon Miller

This is the second new piece of art that I have acquired recently. When I first saw this series of collages by Leslie Avon Miller, I fell in love with the subtle colors and simple lines. Here is her artist statement about this series: "This series ... is inspired by my value for connecting with people, which for me, is one of the functions of art. Using gestures as symbol, textures, a limited color palette, and creating from a meditative space, these pieces were created as conversations of nuance between the viewer and the maker."

1 comment:

Mary Buek said...

Karen, aren't we lucky to have one of Leslie's collages? I love the one you have. I look at mine every time I go through the family room. It's right there on the wall.