Monday, December 08, 2008

Hot Shops Art Center

I spent yesterday at Hot Shops Art Center in Omaha --- they were holding their Winter Open House. Most of the studios are open, and the artists are in attendance. I enjoy the interaction with other artists, and the art center is also one of my favorite photography haunts.

In 1999 a group of artists and investors purchased the old Sorta Mattress Factory in Omaha, Nebraska. Today the Hot Shops Art Center consists of 4 gallery spaces and over 50 artist studios --- approximately 92,000 square feet. The anchor studios in the old warehouse section are Bruning Sculpture, Loken Forge and Crystal Forge. Next door in an attached 4 story building are galleries on the first floor and artist studios on the second and third floors. Tomorrow I will post photos of my newest art purchase from one of the artists at Hot Shops.

1 comment:

Jane LaFazio said...

figured it out, you must live in nebraska.