Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Paper Bag Book Cover

The completed book with its painted cover (3.5"h x 8.5"w).

Scan of the front cover.

After receiving my journal from Sue, with its paper bag cover, I wanted to play with using paper bags myself. I had a text block that I bought at PaperSource in KC several months ago, and I had never covered it. I dug it out, measured it, cut the brown paper bag, and started painting. I'm actually quite pleased with the way it turned out, and today I am planning to try another cover using a brown paper bag as a backing and collaging on it, rather than painting it. Too much fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Is that block of text/writing done with a rubber stamp?

The Idaho Beauty said...

These transformations of the common brown paper bag are so amazing...and so green! I too must try it soon.