Tuesday, July 10, 2007

From this...


to this...

to this...
It's that time again --- time to dust off the canning jars and the huge canning pot. I live in farm country, and I hate to see produce go to waste, so early on I learned to can the different garden vegetables. This is yesterday's batch of bread and butter pickles. There was actually one more pint, but it quickly went out the door to my Mom's house.

Coming later today: A preview and more details of tomorrow’s Fiberart For A Cause Collage Mania. Virginia Spiegel and I are donating some of our collages to the event, and 100% of the proceeds from the sale of the collages will go to the American Cancer Society.

1 comment:

Linda Branch Dunn said...

I love it! May I come help? Home-made pickles are the best, plus there is a lovely symmetry between making collage and making preserves, I think: cutting up leftovers (other people's "trash") and making something wonderful.

I am a great admirer of your work.