Thursday, March 22, 2007

Finally!

For those of you that have been following my saga, my MIL is now home from the hospital, and my PT is now down to 3 times per week. The result of this is that I got to spend all day yesterday in my studio --- stitching and painting. I put the finishing touches of paint on 3 new pieces, and they are sandwiched and ready for final stitching. The photo above is one of them. It was so wonderful to be back in the studio, and my whole attitude improved --- life is great again, and I have time to appreciate all of the blessings that I have. What a difference a day of art makes!

2 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

Excellent! Love the complexity, lush color, bit of surprise in the vertical yellow and orange (?) bands. Curious about how you'll quilt it.

Karen Stiehl Osborn said...

Thanks! The yellow and orangish bands of color are in the piece just to add a bit of surprise, so I love that you enjoyed that. This piece is now quilted, and I am hand stitching the binding down. I'll post when it is finished and on my website.