Friday, February 23, 2007

Progress

I have been diligently cleaning, throwing out and rearranging in my studio in preparation of having some time to work on these pieces, and this morning I actually had some time to do just that! I am happy with the first layers shown here. Next I will stitch these pieces in place, and then more layers of cloth and paint will be added. The inspiration for these pieces is an upcoming exhibition titled "Connections". I started musing about the physical connections between the various layers of cloth and between the paint and the cloth, plus the emotional connections that I will add later with screenprints of mementos that have a personal meaning to me. What a great title for an exhibition!

1 comment:

Frances said...

Karen I like how these have started and look forward to seeing how they progress